Handicap Review is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Handicap Review takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Handicap Review is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Handicap Review is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome and IE browsers with JAWS or NVDA on Windows.
- Safari and VoiceOver on iOS.
- Firefox and Dragon NaturallySpeaking on Windows.
- Screen magnification and text enlargement.
Accessibility of Handicap Review relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Handicap Review, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Handicap Review:
- Comments from users: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because We cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 2 business days. Please contact us if you encounter an issue.
- Chat feature: Chat feature plugin is currently inaccessible to screen reader users. We are working on a solution.
Handicap Review assessed the accessibility by the following approaches:
- Customer feedback
- Automated tools