by MAN HEALTH
Male Organ Atrophy—it’s one of those medical terms that just sounds not good. No one wants their muscles to atrophy, especially not their love muscle. But like spinach and sunscreen, it’s something a man needs to know about and try to prevent if possible. Male organ atrophy, also known as member shrinkage, is when the size of the male organ seems to have shrunk or has shrunk due to a loss of male organ tissue. For many men, it is a reversible condition, or can at least be meaningfully helped. Let’s talk about what causes male organ atrophy, what a man can do to remedy temporary shrinkage, and how to prevent it in the future.
Male Organ Atrophy: Causes
There are several different causes of male organ atrophy. Here are a few of the most common causes, some permanent and some influenced by a lifestyle that has been linked to member shrinkage.
1) Age – As time ticks on, the body experiences a lot of wear-and-tear. Years of minor (or major) male organ trauma from intimacy, sports mishaps, and just everyday living can lead to accumulated scar tissue. Scar tissue harms the spongy tissue in the member, which then can lead to member shrinkage.
2) Visceral Weight Gain – Visceral weight is the most dangerous type of fat and causes a host of problems, several kinds that can affect the male organ. In this case, it can make the member appear smaller. A man’s member is attached to the abdominal wall when the stomach expands, it tugs the male organ inward, diminishing its visible size.
3) Smoking – While also bad for the body, smoking wracks havoc on the member. Smoking shrinks and injures blood vessels in the male organ, which can inhibit blood flow which is needed not only for hard-ons but also to give the member oxygen and other nutrients. Proof of this comes from a study at Boston University of Medicine that discovered that male smokers had smaller male organs. Motivated to quit now?
4) Medication – Certain types of medications such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, and Adderall can cause male organ atrophy.
5) Peyronie’s Disease – Peyronie’s manifests when a man has a significant amount of built-up scar tissue which causes the male organ to bend at an angle of 20 degrees or more. In addition to being painful, this can also cause member shrinkage and even lessen girth.
Male Organ Atrophy: Potential Treatments
Some causes of male organ atrophy are reversible. Here are four ways a man can reverse or significantly help treat member shrinkage:
1) Lose Weight – Ditch the infamous spare tire and get back a meaningful measurement. It’s said that a 20-pound weight loss will give a man back a half to a full inch.
2) Quit Smoking – Show those male organ blood vessels, and the rest of your body, some love, and finally quit the habit. It’s tough, but possible and can restore some length.
3) Medication – The more potent and powerful a hard-on is, the bigger the member looks. Get it done with ‘Daddy’s little helpers.’ Male enhancement medications such as Male enhancement products and Cialis boost blood flow, creating a stronger, firmer hard-on. Be sure to get your own prescription as these types of tablets to have side effects, risks to heart patients especially, and tablet interactions.
4) Surgery – For men with Peyronie’s disease or extreme scar tissue, ultrasound treatments or surgery have proven helpful. While they won’t reverse member shrinkage, they can intensify male organ feeling and improve sensual performance.
Male Organ Atrophy: Prevention
There are things a man can do to prevent member shrinkage. Here are a few easily incorporated tips for preventing Male Organ Atrophy:
1) Maintain or get to a healthy weight. Avoiding or getting rid of visceral fat is key here.
2) See a doctor for anything odd going on downstairs.
3) Practice safe intimacy, and in this case, it means painful angels or positions that can cause male organ trauma and later scar tissue.
4) Have frequent hard-ons to provide the male organ tissue and vessels with oxygen and nutrients to keep everything properly nourished.
5) Use a specifically formulated genital health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) each day to keep skin moisturized and elastic. These cremes are full of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and Arginine which increase collagen and boost blood flow.