Dr. Dobie specializes in adrenal fatigue treatment, integrative medicine, anti-aging medicine, cosmetic medicine, and allergy. Treatments offered include bio-identical hormones and chelation therapy.
Adrenal fatigue is a problem that’s becoming quite common these days in Australia. Modern lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, and lack of exercise can be seen as the major reasons behind the rise of adrenal fatigue cases in What Is Adrenal Fatigue.
It has been estimated that more than 35% of adults in Australia are directly or indirectly affected by the adrenal fatigue problem. However, most of them are unaware that something is affecting their health.
People just know they don’t feel healthy enough or in many cases, the symptoms lead them to investigate different illnesses. Experts do realize that quite often symptoms mean various potential outcomes and some of the time they overlap issue.
Check out these symptoms and see if they apply to you.
- Weariness, absence of vitality, fatigue, and lethargy
- Excess weight gain, particularly in the abdomen or belly area, and it becomes too difficult to get rid of it
- Anxiety, nervousness
- Difficulty in concentration, brain fog
- A sleeping disorder like insomnia
- Joint pain
- Dry skin and hair
- Stress & depression
- Pain in upper back and neck
- Unexplained loss of hair
- Low body temperature
- Allergies from both food and inhalants
- Low libido
- Morning drowsiness, an urge for stimulants to make you move
- Cold hands and feet, or just plain cold
If you reply ‘Yes’ for most of these symptoms, or in other words, you think you have many similar symptoms, then there’s a high possibility that you are suffering adrenal fatigue. If the answer for half of these symptoms is ‘Yes’ then there’s no doubt that your adrenal glands are really tired and exhausted.
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal exhaustion is just the job of stressors (stress-causing factors) to impact and maybe take control over your life. Stress, fatigue, and depression are major issues in many people’s lives these days and quite often the individuals have no clue how to manage this stress and anxiety. The outcome is adrenal exhaustion and additionally numerous different imbalances inside the body and the brain of the person. Stress can be defined in many ways, for example,
- A mixed feeling of guilt, fear, and anger
- Insufficient sleep and rest
- Chronic illnesses
- Chronic exhaustion
- Chronic infection
- An excessive amount of heavy exercise
- Unhealthy diet
- Excessive caffeine intake
- Too much consumption of salt and sugar
- Alcohol consumption
- Gluten intolerance
- Any type of major surgery
- Digestive imbalances
- Anxiety, nervousness, worry – consistently concentrating on the negative aspects and occasions
Because of consistent stress and anxiety on your body, your cortisol stays high and subsequently the symptoms of adrenal fatigue start.
There’s a high chance that in the meantime, your DHEA level is going down, and if your age is 40 years or older, it will be happening naturally. We realise that hormones do reduce with age, yet if we are constantly in stress, then they will decrease more quickly. This thing not only cuts down your health, but it also ages you faster on both fronts internally and externally. And nobody wants to age faster!